Turkey Burgers with Halloumi
O V E R V I E W
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
250g turkey mince 1 tsp marmite 1 tsp paprika 1/2 egg, whisked
1 red onion, diced 1 tbsp soy sauce 1 tsp chilli flakes 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 garlic cloves, diced 1 tsp honey A handful mint, chopped 1 tbsp olive oil
4 mushrooms, chopped 1 small chunk ginger A handful coriander, chopped
3 slices cucumber, diced A handful coriander Drizzle of olive oil
3 tbsp natural yoghurt 1/2 lime Salt & Pepper
4 thick slices halloumi 1 avocado, sliced 1 handful rocket 1 tomato, sliced
4 bread rolls
1) On a low heat, lightly fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms until soft. Set aside.
2) Place the turkey mince in a large bowl and mix in the marmite, soy, honey, ginger, spices and herbs. Add the cooked mushroom mix, egg and breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly with your hands. Place in the fridge for 20 mins.
3) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt, cucumber and fresh herbs. Squeeze in the lime, drizzle with olive oil, season and set aside.
4) Take the burger mix out of the fridge and separate into quarters. Roll and flatten into patties and place under the grill for 10 minutes each side.
5) Place the slices of halloumi in a dry frying pan and cook until golden brown on each side.
6) Cut the bun in half and layer with a couple of slices of avocado, top with the burger and halloumi and garnish with the rocket, dressing, tomato and a slice of red onion.