Spicy Mixed Bean Stuffed Sweet Potato
O V E R V I E W
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
2 sweet potatoes
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
3 mushrooms, chopped
1 can kidney beans, drained
1/2 cup sweetcorn
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
Squeeze of BBQ sauce
1/2 beef stock cube - in 1/4 cup boiling water
Mixed spices (paprika, cumin, turmeric, garlic powder, chilli flakes)
1/2 avocado, mashed, seasoned
1/2 ball mozzarella, torn , seasoned
Extra virgin olive oil or Frylight spray
1) Preheat your oven to 180 C. Begin by making a few deep stabs in your sweet potatoes with a knife and microwave on med/high for about 6 mins or until slightly soft. Transfer into the oven and bake until ready to serve.
2) Sweat your chopped onion and garlic in a saucepan with your oil or frylight spray. Once soft, add your kidney beans, mushrooms and spices and stir.
3) Add the sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes, a squeeze of bbq sauce and the stock. Season with salt and pepper and simmer on a med/low heat.
4) Meanwhile, scoop out your avocado flesh, mash and season. Tear your mozzarella and season.
5) Take our your sweet potatoes and slice down the middle to open. Layer with the spicy bean mix, guacamole and your fresh mozzarella.