Avocado & Poached Egg on Sourdough
O V E R V I E W
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
1/2 avocado, sliced
1 slice sourdough
A splash of vinegar (any type)
1 tsp salted butter
Sprinkle of chilli flakes
1) Half fill a wide saucepan with boiling salted water and add a splash of vinegar. Bring it to a simmer on a medium heat.
2) Meanwhile, put the sourdough in to toast and crack an egg into a ramekin.
3) Create a gentle whirlpool in the water with a spoon. Slowly tip the egg into the water, white first, and cook for 2-3 mins.
4) While the egg is cooking, cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop the flesh out neatly with a dessert spoon and place flat edge down on a chopping board. Carefully slice the avocado from the skinny top end to the fatter bottom end and season with salt & pepper.
5) Remove the egg with a slotted spoon (check the yolk with the back of a teaspoon and ensure the egg white is not watery)
6) Butter the toast. Transfer the avocado to the toast using a large knife to keep it in place, once it's on top, gently push to create the domino effect. Top with the poached egg and sprinkle with chilli flakes.